Viessmann Data Protection Statement
Updated: March 12, 2020
We, Viessmann Werke GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter "Viessmann" or "we") as part of the Viessmann Group, take the protection of your personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of the applicable data protection laws. These include above all the Basic Regulation on Data Protection (hereinafter: "GDPR", Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council. The Viessmann Group comprises the companies associated with Viessmann GmbH & Co. KG affiliated companies. These are ones over which we have control.
Personal data is collected on our websites and when using our apps and services only to the extent necessary and processed for the specific purpose. Personal data is data that identifies you personally or other data linked to you.
Responsible body within the meaning of the Federal Data Protection Act / GDPR:
Telford, TF1 7YP
Phone: +44 1952 675000
Processing within the Viessmann Group
Acting on our behalf, Viessmann Werke GmbH & Co. KG, operates:
- Viessmann Limited
- VC/O GmbH for the operation of our websites and apps as well as for marketing purposes
- Viessmann IT Service GmbH for the operation of back-end systems
The data collected can be processed or passed on to other Viessmann Group companies if:
- you have given your express and informed consent elsewhere (e.g. reference in the enquiry form),
- it is necessary with a specific purpose and the division of labour within the Viessmann Group; corresponding contractual agreements have been concluded within the Viessmann Group for this purpose,
- the data is made available pseudonymised by the responsible party and the responsible party guarantees that the commissioned group company cannot de-pseudonymise this data, or
- the data is stored anonymously by the responsible body and the data stored in this way is no longer subject to data protection regulations.
Transfer to third countries
The companies of the Viessmann Group process/transmit the data provided by you in/at locations in Germany, the European Union and third countries (including the USA) which have an appropriate level of data protection in accordance with Article 45 GDPR or offer suitable guarantees in accordance with Article 46 GDPR.
Scope of the data protection statement
The following statement gives you an overview of how we guarantee data protection, what kind of data is collected and processed for what purpose and on what legal basis. It applies in principle to all websites and apps for which Viessmann is responsible. If Viessmann websites and apps deviate from these principles of data processing or supplement them with their own, this will be indicated in a suitable manner on the corresponding websites or in the apps.
- The first part (provisions for business users) applies to business users of Viessmann services.
- The second part (general information and regulations for Viessmann websites and apps) applies to all users using Viessmann services or websites and apps.
- The third part (information on rights of data subjects) applies to all users whose data is subject to data protection law, but not legal entities.
Furthermore, our websites may contain links to websites of other providers to which this data protection declaration does not apply.
I. Provisions for business users
This part of the data protection regulations only applies to business users such as trade businesses, industrial businesses, municipalities, commercial businesses, planners, architects, etc. and only insofar as these make personal data available from contact persons for the conclusion and execution of contracts in accordance with GDPR Article 6 Para.1 lit.b) on our websites and in our apps.
Personal data is collected and processed by Viessmann for the following purposes:
- Mediation of customer inquiries
- Mediation to inquiring customers
- Display in Viessmann specialist company directories (e.g. specialist partner on-site search at www.viessmann.co.uk)
As far as you have made personal data available to us, we use it only for answering your inquiries, for processing contracts concluded with you, for technical administration, for login activities and the services made available within the respective Internet pages or apps.
Stored personal data will be deleted if you revoke your consent to its storage, if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was stored or if its storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will then be deleted or, if it is still necessary for verification, billing and/or accounting purposes, stored for these purposes.
For further personal data processed in the context of the delivery and performance of products and services pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b), the data protection provisions in the respective general terms and conditions of sale apply.
II. General information and regulations for Viessmann websites and apps
These provisions apply in addition to the provisions for private users and the provisions for business users for Viessmann websites and apps. Some of our apps have their own additional data protection statements. The Viessmann Apps ViCare and Vitotrol Plus data protection statement can be found under the following link:
Data processing by accessing our Internet pages and using our apps
Viessmann automatically collects and stores information in its server log files that your browser or app transmits to us. Viessmann cannot assign this data to individual persons. This data is not merged with other data sources. These are:
- Browser type/ version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP addresses v4 and v6)
- Time of the server request
The IP address is the globally valid identification of your computer at the time of allocation by your Internet provider and consists, in its currently most common form (IPv4), of four blocks of digits separated by dots. In most cases, as a private user, you will not use a constant IP address, as this is only temporarily assigned to you by your provider (so-called "dynamic IP address"). With permanently assigned IP addresses (so-called "static IP addresses"), a clear assignment of user data via this feature is technically easy.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring comfortable use of the aforementioned website
- Evaluation of system security and system stability
- For further administrative and statistical purposes
The personal data of the server log files is processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. This authorisation allows the processing of personal data in the "legitimate interest" of the person responsible, provided that your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is in the easier administration and the ability to detect and track hacking. You can object to this data processing at any time if there are reasons which exist in your particular situation and which contradict the data processing. All you need to do is send an e-mail to the data protection officer. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
The server log files with the above data are automatically deleted after 30 days or anonymised if used for statistics. We reserve the right to store the server log files for longer if facts exist which suggest the assumption of unauthorised access (such as an attempt at hacking or a so-called DDOS attack).
Linking to external websites
This data protection statement applies exclusively to the Viessmann websites and apps. These may contain links to third-party websites. This data protection statement does not extend to these. If you leave the Viessmann websites and apps in order to visit the services of a third-party provider, we recommend that you also carefully read this provider's data protection statement.
Information on cookies and the use of analysis tools
The processing of personal data through cookies and analysis tools (Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, Google Adwords Conversion Tracking, Third-Party-Cookies, Re-Targeting-Technologies, Google Remarketing, VWO, Wisepops, Facebook Remarketing and Inspectlet) is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. This authorisation allows the processing of personal data in the "legitimate interest" of the person responsible, provided that your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is to analyse the use of our website.
We support the processing of personal data by Google AdWords (list all retargeting technologies) is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. This authorisation allows the processing of personal data in the"legitimate interest" of the person responsible, provided that your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests do not prevail. Our legitimate interest is in the personalised display of targeted advertising and the statistical analysis of the effectiveness of advertising (e.g. determining how many clicks on an advertising banner have led to a purchase from our website).
Viessmann uses so-called cookies in several places on its websites and in its apps. They serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses.
Viessmann also uses analysis tools for this purpose, such as Web Trends or Google Tag Manager (Firebase). The data provided and used is collected and stored completely anonymously. This data may also be stored outside the United Kingdom or the European Union.
When implementing and using analysis tools and tracking technologies, we make personal data anonymous as quickly as possible either on the part of the provider, regulated by appropriate contracts, or within the scope of our first use, so that the right to information on your part cannot be exercised on all technologies listed below.
You can prevent the transmission of such data by making the appropriate settings in your browser, app or the operating system environment (iOS, Android). However, this may lead to problems in calling up, operating or functionality of the content or service offered.
Viessmann makes use of a number of advertising partners who help to make the Internet offer and the websites more interesting for you. For this reason, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit the websites. These are temporary/permanent cookies that are automatically deleted after the specified time. These temporary or permanent cookies (lifetime 14 days to 10 years) are stored on your hard disk and delete themselves after the specified time. The cookies of our partner companies also only contain pseudonymous, usually even anonymous data. This includes, for example, data on which products you have looked at, whether something was purchased, which products were searched for, and so on.
Some of our advertising partners collect information about which pages you have visited before or which products you have been interested in, for example, in order to be able to show you the advertising that best suits your interests. This pseudonymous data will never be combined with your personal data. Their sole purpose is to enable our advertising partners to address you with advertising that might actually be of interest to you.
Our websites use so-called re-targeting technologies. We use these technologies to make our website more interesting for you. This technology makes it possible to address Internet users who are already interested in our products with advertising on the websites of our partners. We are convinced that the insertion of personalised, interest-related advertising is generally more interesting for the Internet user than advertising that has no such personal reference. The insertion of these advertising materials on the pages of our partners is based on cookie technology and an analysis of the previous user behaviour. This form of advertising is completely pseudonymous. No user profiles are merged with your personal data.
By using our site, you consent to the use of so-called cookies and thus to the collection, storage and use of your user data. Furthermore, your data is stored in cookies beyond the end of the browser session, so that it can be called up again the next time you visit the website, for example. You can revoke this consent at any time with future effect by refusing to accept cookies in your browser settings.
III. Information on the rights of data subjects
This part of the data protection statement provides additional information on how you can exercise your rights as a data subject vis-à-vis Viessmann.
In order to comply with the rights of affected GDPR, it may be necessary for Viessmann to request further information to prove your identity in cases of personal data collected on the basis of contractual relationships on a random sample basis or in cases of justified doubt. This is especially true if a request for information is available in electronic form, but the sender's details do not reveal the identity of a natural person concerned.
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- to receive, in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another person responsible;
To exercise these rights, please contact us:
Data Protection Coordinator: Viessmann Limited
Telford, TF1 7YP
Phone: +44 1952 675000
Data Protection Coordinator: Viessmann Group
D-35108 Allendorf (Eder)
Telefon: +49 6452 70-0
Telefax: +49 6452 70-2780
- In accordance with Article 7 paragraph 3 GDPR, you may revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future.
You can revoke your consent via:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Complaint to a regulatory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the regulatory authority of your usual place of residence or our company headquarters.
UK Regulatory authority
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
Further information - Contact details
Your trust is important to us. Therefore, we are always available to answer your questions regarding the processing of your personal data. If you have questions which this data protection statement could not answer or if you would like more detailed information on any point, please contact us:
Data Protection Coordinator
Telford, TF1 7YP
Phone: +44 1952 675000
Contact details of the data protection coordinator:
Data Protection Coordinator of the Viessmann Group
D-35108 Allendorf (Eder)
Telefon: +49 6452 70-0
Telefax: +49 6452 70-2780
We endeavour to store your personal data by using technical and organisational means in such away that they are not accessible to third parties. When communicating by e-mail, complete data security cannot be guaranteed, so we recommend that you send confidential information by post.
Changes to the data protection statement
This data protection statement is currently valid and is dated 12th March 2020.
Due to further development of our website and services offered above or due to changes in legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this data protection statement. You can call up and print out the current data protection statement on the website at https://legal-policies.viessmann.com/b2b/common/gb/en/privacy-policy.ext.html at any time.